Wednesday, June 07, 2006

.

Pride?

Y'all've probably heard this by now: Senator Inhofe of Oklahoma expressed his "straight pride" on the Senate floor:

"I'm really proud to say that in the recorded history of our family, we've never had a divorce or any kind of homosexual relationship."

I've made my thoughts on the "marriage is for straights only" thing abundantly clear here, and I wasn't going to say more about it just now. But I couldn't let Senator Inhofe's statement go without comment.

I am really proud to say that in the recorded history of my family, we've never had a bigoted wing-nut elitist jerk.

I'm just as proud to say that, while, as far as I know, my family has also not had any gay members, if one should turn up my family would treat him or her with acceptance and love. I know that as surely as I know anything, and it makes me feel warm and comforted.

No comments: