Thursday, March 02, 2006

.

The questionnaire, part 3

It's time for the third question in the questionnaire:
 

What turns you on?

Dancing.

That answer will surprise no one who knows me. I enjoy contra dancing, modern western square dancing, ballroom dancing (which I haven't done much of in a few years), and round dancing (which is pre-choreographed ballroom dancing). I love the feeling of moving with the music and of connecting with a dance partner that one gets from contras and ballroom dancing. I enjoy the kinetic puzzle solving of challenge level square dancing.

It's a feeling that's hard to explain to someone who doesn't do it. It's something one has to try for oneself. Contras, in particular, are easy to get into, since

  • they're available nearly everywhere, at least in the US,
  • they welcome beginners and teach what you need to know as you go, and
  • the culture of changing partners for each dance set means that you can go alone, and find partners for the dance sets.
I always feel so good after I've been dancing!

No comments: