Sunday, September 09, 2007

.

Olana

My mother visited me for a couple of days last week, and we took a drive up to Olana, the estate built by artist Frederic Church in the late 1800s. It’s a nice drive up the Taconic State Parkway from here, and it’s a wonderful setting along the Hudson River, on the east side of the Rip van Winkle Bridge, just south of the village of Hudson, NY.

They're planning to open the upstairs to tours next year. I'll have to go back then, and check that out. Unfortunately, they don't allow photography inside the house.

No more words now. Pictures.

The house at OlanaDetail in some of the eaves

The view south, along the Hudson RiverThe view west, across the Hudson River

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, reminds me of a Moravian church near where I lived in PA.