Friday, January 23, 2009

.

We the people say “Yes!” to the Obama agenda

I looked out my office window yesterday, and saw, out of the corner of my eye, this banner that’s been hanging in my office, near the window, for the last four years and a few months:

'We the people just say NO to the Bush agenda' banner
I got it at the protest march on the Republican National Convention in 2004.

And yesterday, after looking at it and re-hanging it for the photograph, I gently folded it and took it home, happy to think that its need has passed for now — and hoping, optimistically, that its need be gone for good.

 
Oh, and then there’s this item from the New York Times. The RSS-feed blurb says this:

On the White House: On Plane to Texas, Critiques of the Speech

Some on the Bush team thought the inaugural speech took unnecessary shots at the departing administration.
Took shots... ya think? Hardly unnecessary, though. We needed assurance that it will be turned around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can replace your banner with the post I saw in a recent post in BoingBoing:

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/01/23/poster-389-years-lat.html

Great times ahead, indeed...

Laurie said...

I almost felt sorry for former President Bush (Woo hooo! Sorry. I do that every time I think it). Only because I have a capacity for empathy. I quelled it because he certainly deserved every shot.

jcesarmo - I like that poster!