Tuesday, January 09, 2007

.

Sniff... sniff...

Perhaps you've heard that something raised a stink in New York City yesterday. While there are those who think the smell is somehow a direct result of the PZ Myers visit, city officials are now, as I heard on the radio this morning, blaming it on New Jersey. That will surprise no one who knows the NY/NJ dynamic, but it does seem to be a clear violation of the time-honoured principle, "The one who smelt it, dealt it." New Jersey should take care in their response, though, lest they compound the problem by running afoul of the parallel "The one who denied it, supplied it," rule.

In any case, no one suspects terrorism, Pat Robertson notwithstanding.

2 comments:

scouter573 said...

I still don't understand how they determined that NYC smelled bad. It almost sounds as if someone thinks NYC ever smells good...

(cheap shot, I know)

Barry Leiba said...

Well, I kinda set it up for cheap shots, didn't I? Shoot away.